The American Baptist Mission and Godavari Delta Mission established their stations in 1836.
They were followed by Church Missionary Society in 1841 and the then American Lutheran Mission in 1842.
Amos Sutton was the first British Baptist missionary to preach in the region. He preached in the northernmost parts of Andhra in 1805 but failed to achieve his objectives, and he did not venture again into the region, confining his ministry instead to the Oriya-speaking districts.
Sutton, however, persisted in his vision for the Telugus.
Missionary Mary Mc Laurin, in 1875, founded a school for boys and the next year founded one for girls.
Missionaries of the Canadian Baptist Mission founded the Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars (CBCNC) as the mission's successor in Andhra Pradesh.
He travelled to India a second time in 1847, spending a decade, mainly in the Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh state, in southern India, where he ministered and performed yeoman service to the people there.
Supported initially by the Pennsylvania Ministerium, and later by the Foreign Mission Board of the General Synod, Heyer was also encouraged and assisted by British government officials.
Telugu Christians are found in all walks of life and have contributed much to the development of the state.He established a number of hospitals and a network of schools throughout the Guntur region.