▪ Egypt’s iconic monuments including, the Great Sphinx, the Valley of the Kings located outside the Upper (southern) city of Luxor, the ruins of Memphis, the Karnak Temple Complex as well as the ancient city of Thebes are evidence of Egypt’s legacy and even to this day remain the centre of archeological focus and study by archeologists worldwide.
▪ Modern-day Egypt is vastly considered as a regional middle power, having a significant amount of military, cultural and political influence in the Muslim world, the Middle East and even North America and is noted for having one of the largest and most diversified economies within the Middle East accompanied by its tourism, industry, agriculture and services sectors at almost identical levels in production.
▪ Comparable to any other modern country, Egypt has one of the longest line of historical events, both from its native inhabitants as well as outside influence, beginning during the 10th millennium BCE as one of the first nation states worldwide.
▪ Ancient Egypt widely viewed as a historic cradle of civilization is acknowledged as the birthplace for some of the earliest developments in central government, organized religion, agriculture, writing and urbanization.
Not so much people familiar with the beauty of this African country. Colorful underwater world, tons of fun, kind people and borderless deserts attracting tourists all the year.
These soft Mediterranean and Red sea beaches, pyramids, sphinx – precious of the world and Egypt. Egypt is a successor of one of the most powerful civilization ever been in the world, which history is counted with centuries.
The larger regions however which make up most of Egypt’s territory such as the Sahara Desert are seen as less inhabited.
▪ 50% of Egypt’s known population live in urban areas with most residents spread out across the more densely populated regions of Alexandria, Cairo as well as the major cities located within the Nile Delta.
View World in Cams Sheraton Luxor Resort, Egypt Webcam.
Officially recognized as the Arab Republic of Egypt, Egypt is a transcontinental country extending across the northeastern territory of Africa and the southwest area of Asia, by a wide land bridge connection created by the Sinai Peninsula.
Most of Egypt’s territories consisting of over 390,000 square miles lies within North Africa’s Nile Valley, bordered by the the Mediterranean Sea to the north, israel and Gaza to the northeast, the Red Sea to the sour, Sudan and Libya to the west and the Gulf of Aqaba to the east.
Today Egypt’s tourism sector employs more than 12 percent of Egypt’s total workforce generating more than billion annually.
▪ Egypt is primarily a Sunni Muslim country recognizing the Abrahamic religion of Islam articulated by the Qur’an as its state religion.Here, Egyptian Americans meet to feel content with like-minded Arabs that come from all over America and the Arab world. Don’t forget to register in to participate in the many Arabic and Egyptian chat rooms available.